So whoever came up with the stereotype that the French don't shower is wrong. I swear my host-brother takes two showers a day.
On this note, I tend fore go hygiene, wear pj's all day, drink way too much coffee, and not eat enough when under stress, or when I simply have too much to do. This past weekend, for example, I have been in the process of trying to a. visit every museum possible during Saturday's Nuit à la Musée (exhibitions were free explaining my nearly two hour wait to get into the Yves St. Laurent expo. ok, let's be honest, this was done in actual clothing and not pj's) b. send out my resumé /cover letter to whomever is still willing to look at it, c. write an outline/make a powerpoint presentation on Courbet's Desmoiselles du Bord de la Seine, d. do Lisa's readings (not that that's a bad thing Lisa!), and e. prepare my one-in-the-semester French exposé (a.k.a. A big deal). Let's forget the fact that I had plans to go to Rouen this weekend...and get back to the point.
The point is really quite simple - the host family seems to be quite suspicious of my lack of hygiene especially since pj's after 12 are apparently unacceptable. I was never a fan of that school of thought. But anyway, said suspicion is rather well-warranted. I smell. Or did. I am now post-shower, so it's all good. But yes, tidbit about G, when stressed, she skips the shower. So I fully understand if you want to avoid me during finals.
Also, on another note of too much information - after Italy's pizzas and pastas I'm quite ready to pose for Courbet's nonidealized nudes.
**To Angela – I solemnly swear the next post won't involve gross hygiene/body issues. Maybe.

No comments:
Post a Comment